Wednesday 1 December 2010

JYC Day 1 - My Promise


I am looking out of my window as we are surrounded by white and feeling so excited about Christmas as I have spent the evening on my first JYC page.
I have changed it several times and ended up going back to what I started with and I am now feeling quite happy with it.
This is what My Promise says as my picture is not very clear...

Starting today, December First, I will keep a Christmas Journal. In it, I will write something every day to reflect on the Christmases of my past, enjoy the Christmas of the present and dream about the Christmases of the future.

To some, this would be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and most importantly I am giving at least fifteen minutes to myself, every day, no matter how crazy this season becomes.

I will make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.

I will take this time to be thankful for the special people we are sharing this season with and to use this Journal to remind me of all the things I love about Christmases Past, Present & Future.

I will use this journal to enjoy the different aspects of this Christmas as my children are getting older now (9 & 10) and the newest edition to the family (my niece) joins us all for her first Christmas

I will do my best to complete at least one page a day from December First until January Sixth.

This is my promise I make today.

Those of you who have done JYC will recognise some of the words from last years manifestos but having read previous manifestos over the last few weeks I have fallen in love with the words and they seem to encompass everything I am feeling about Christmas and JYC, so that is why they have ended up on my page!



At the moment I am doing a front and back page for each days prompt but I make no 'promises' on how long that will last!
If you can't read my journalling I have taken a more close up piccie for you.....

I can't wait for day 2 already, hopefully it will inspire me immediately if not I will be sat here late again tomorrow night!
I do think it actually took me longer to take pictures of my pages that you could actually read than it did to make them! :)

While I am here I must share just a few piccies of the weather here at the moment which although beautiful is making life quite difficuly at the moment, especially for my poor hubby who works 55 miles from home!

My back garden earlier this evening.
Out the front of my house.
Ben thought he'd like to go out and then changed his mind!
My pond, poor fish!
My back garden just now!
Looks like it might be a snow day tomorrow, which means extra work for me as a childminder (and less time for JYC!)
 
 
Good Night All
Vicki-Jane
X

2 comments:

  1. A great atart to your journal.We now have about a foot of snow....can't remember the last time I saw so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The manifesto looks great Hun, I can't believe how much it snowed last night! Have fun scrapping day 2 :)

    ReplyDelete